Hot Fun In The Summertime
Placerville in the heart of the summer; brings back memories, doesn’t it? Well, for anyone lucky enough to live around or visit Placerville, it does. For anyone who desires to make Placerville their new home please see the new Placerville listings and make the trip to enjoy these fine events that Placerville offers up in August.
National Night Out
America’s night out against crime celebrates with free events for the communities of Tahoe, Pollock Pines, Greenwood, Placerville, and Cameron Park. Find more information about these events on the In El Dorado County website.
Pollock Pines and Camino
This event will be located at Pinewood Elementary School on Pine St from 4:30-8:30pm with an outdoor movie to enjoy afterward. Last year’s event, Sierra Safety, won a National award and the event is bigger this year! It will include:
- Jackson Steel Band
- Food and drinks
- Raffles and prizes
- Bounce houses
- Activities for kids of all ages
- A “Welcome Home Troops!” booth to honor all veterans
- Free health services
- VIP Flag ceremony at 7pm featuring many of our federal, state and local legislators
This free event and Cameron Park’s 1st annual National Night Out will be located at Burke Junction and Shingle Springs/ Cameron Park chamber of commerce and will include:
- K9 unit
- El Dorado sheriff’s armored car and SWAT team
- Search and rescue demos
- Local Rescue Fire Department will bring their historical fire truck
- Ride the BUJU Line Train
- Food and Drinks
- Local businesses taking part
Enjoy Placerville’s 29th anniversary of National Night Out. Placerville has received national recognition for its NNO programs. This year’s NNO will have multiple public venues and will start at 5pm. Venues include:
- MORE (Mother Lode Rehabilitation Enterprises) 399 Placerville Drive
- Placerville City Park/Aquatic Center
- Main Library
- Mountain Democrat parking lot
Placerville events will include:
- Free hot dog bbq and drinks
- Public Safety information
Greenwood is breaking the mold of National Night Out and from 5-8pm at the Greenwood Schoolhouse between Greenwood Rd and Hwy 193 will provide:
- Free food and drinks
- K9 unit
- Hartsong Ranch, a sanctuary for disabled animals, will have a booth
- Georgetown and Garden Valley fire trucks
- Health Services
- Gold Panning at Marshall Gold Discovery State Historic Park
- “Wii Bowling” demo for seniors or people with limited mobility at the Greenwood Senior Center
From 8am-3pm Main St in Historic Downtown Placerville will close to traffic for a large craft faire with over 100 artisans from all over the West. Free parking and admission. Sponsored by the Placerville Downtown Association. Please call (530) 672-3436 for more information.
40th Annual Hangtown Destruction Derby
Hosted by the Placerville Police Officer’s Association and located at the Placerville Speedway on Placerville Drive, gates will open at 1pm and the destruction starts at 3.
- Parking $5
- Ages 13+ $10
- Ages 4-12 $5
- Ages 65+ $5
- Children 3 and under are free
For those ages 18 and over who enjoy being massively destructive and want a chance at a cash prize you can even sign up to drive in the derby!
Main Street closes from 5-8pm for the Hangtown Car Show. Free parking and admission for spectators. Sponsored by Placerville Lions Club. For more information and for pre-registration to show a car please call Mike at (530) 622-1731.
Summertime And The Livin’ Is Easy
There are so many options to choose from, but if you prefer, you can always stay home and work on your summer home maintenance.
Stay in the loop with local events, timely home maintenance tips, real estate news and advise for buyers and sellers by following my blog. Feel free to browse my website as well.