– Edith Sitwell
Find Somewhere Warm, Dry And Filled With Comfort
After a spring-like beginning to winter, it’s finally getting real. We have rain-much hoped for rain-and plenty of soggy days ahead of us. You, therefore, have two options. One option is to run through the rain with abandon and joy, reliving childhood puddle-stomping parades and end up laughing, shivering and soggy. Though, if you do that you’ll probably still end up on the second option. The second option you have is to find a warm, comfortable spot, good company and a hot drink and stay there. The only exception to the second option is Valentine’s Day. In the chilly month of February it’s the most obvious way to find warmth. Lucky for you, Placerville and the surrounding towns have many nice restaurants and some festive events to enjoy the romantic Valentine vibe.
Contact me, John Conca, 530-306-3494, if you are searching for a home in Placerville or anywhere in El Dorado county, or if you are ready to sell your home. I’d be happy to discuss your options with you. Find new Placerville listings here.
Local Events For February
Saturday, February 8th
- From 6-9:30 pm
- At the El Dorado Fair Grounds-in the main building.
- Tickets are $35 in advance and $40 at the door.
- This is a chocolate, food and wine tasting event to benefit local women, children and families.
- Call 530-344-1476 for tickets.
- Visit http://choclocate-affair.com for more information.
Sponsored by Soroptimist International of Cameron Park, El Dorado Hills and Placerville.
Friday, February 14th
Happy Valentine’s Day
To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven –Karen Sunde
Enjoy yours in the comfort of your home or out at a special restaurant. My wife and I enjoy Papa Gianni’s Ristorante in Cameron Park. Definitely plan ahead and call for reservations before Valentine’s Day. Remember to do something for your special loved one on Valentine’s Day. Love should be nurtured.
Saturday, February 15th
Sweet & Spicy Placerville Art Walk
- From 5-9 pm
- Sweet and Spicy appetizer cook-off judged by El Dorado High School Culinary Arts students.
- Enjoy the winning appetizers at the winning restaurants
- Galleries will feature “sweet and spicy” activities.
For more information call PDA at 530-672-3436.
Saturday, February 22nd
Placerville Grange Annual Crab Feed
Who can resist a fun, local crab feed?
- Many raffle prizes!
- $40 per person
- Social hour starts at 6pm
- Dinner is served at 7pm
- Enjoy crab, clam chowder, salad, French bread and dessert
- For more information call 530-644-1602 or email email@example.com
Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to browse my website. Follow my blog for updates on local events, real estate news, timely home maintenance suggestions and tips for buyers and sellers. Have a wonderful Valentine’s Day and a cozy February.